$1,295 (taxes and shipping included)
*plus $1,300 refundable deposit if books are returned in similar condition within 6 months from the time they are shipped.
Book Rental for Roofing Contractor
- Includes highlighted and tabbed books
- Roofing trade online course
- Business and Finance online course
- 6 months of access to online course
- 6 months access to virtual classes
This book rental package includes all the required books for the Florida Roofing Contractor and the Business and Finance open book examinations already pre-tabbed and highlighted to help you quickly and easily navigate through the books during your exam.
*Please allow an additional 7-10 business days on tabbed and highlighted trade book package orders.*
The complete set of highlighted and tabbed Florida State
- Building Estimators Reference Book, Walkers, 31st Ed., 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926
- SMACNA Architectural Sheet Metal Manual, 7th Edition, January 2012
- Roofing Construction and Estimating, D. Atcheson, Copyright 1995 – 8th Printing 2008
- The N.R.C.A. Roofing Manual: Membrane Roof System, 2019
- The N.R.C.A. Roofing Manual: Metal Panel and SPF Roof Systems, 2020
- The N.R.C.A. Roofing Manual: Steep-slope Roof Systems, 2021
- The N.R.C.A. Roofing Manual: Architectural Metal Flashing, and Condensation Control 2018.
- The N.R.C.A. Waterproofing Manual, 2005
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2020
- Florida Building Code - Test Protocols for High-Velocity Hurricane Zones, 2020
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidder 2018
- Builders Guide to Accounting, Michael C. Thomsett, Copyright 2001 (9781572181052)
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455 (Current Edition)
Requirements: To be a Florida Certified Roofing Contractor, you must be able to pass the trade exam and business and finance exam, provide a proven record of financial stability, and present evidence of your experience for the category in which you wish to be licensed. Applicants are required to have four years of experience or a combination of college and experience. Experience gained in the military may also be used toward the requirements of licensure*.
A “Roofing contractor” means a contractor whose services are unlimited in the roofing trade and who has the experience, knowledge, and skill to install, maintain, repair, alter, extend, or design, if not prohibited by law, and use materials and items used in the installation, maintenance, extension, and alteration of all kinds of roofing, waterproofing, and coating, except when coating is not represented to protect, repair, waterproof, stop leaks, or extend the life of the roof. The scope of work of a roofing contractor also includes skylights and any related work, required roof-deck attachments, and any repair or replacement of wood roof sheathing or fascia as needed during roof repair or replacement and any related work.
*For more information regarding licensing requirements, please contact a licensing consultant at 954-210-3030.