The NASCLA Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, Basic 13th Edition is organized into 3 sections.
Part 1 focuses on business planning and startup. This section will help you formulate a business plan, choose a business structure, understand licensing and insurance requirements and gain basic management and marketing skills.
Part 2 covers fundamentals you will need to know in order to operate a successful construction business. This section covers estimating, contract management, scheduling, project management, safety and environmental responsibilities and building good relationships with employees, subcontractors and customers.
Part 3 provides valuable information to assist you in managing the administrative functions of your business. Financial management, tax basics and lien laws are covered. Effective management of these areas of business is vital and can create serious problems if you do not give them the proper attention.
Exams that use this book:
- NASCLA Accredited Examination for Commercial General Building Contractors
- NASCLA Accredited Trade Examination for Electrical Contractors
- NASCLA Accredited Trade Examination for Residential Electrical Contractors
- Alabama Electrical
- Alabama HVAC
- California Business and Law
- Massachusetts Electrical
- New Mexico Business and Law
- Oklahoma Business and Law